POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Pov-ray Help! colors : Re: Pov-ray Help! colors Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:58:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray Help! colors
From: Mike Williams
Date: 2 Jun 2002 13:06:32
Message: <P3F4gMAoAl+8Ewq1@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it maheshtd who wrote:
>There is one problem with pov-ray for me. I seem to be stuck on this problem
>i tried solving it and i couldn't. When you declare colors in rgb <1,0,0> }
>inside the brackets. How do i find a color using this statement or other
>colors. I want to create a background from light blue to dark blue, the sky.
>It just dosen't seem to work  Also is there a way of finding out which color
>is which when you use the rgb statement above.

Most programs that have a colour picker will display the R G B values of
the colour you are picking. (Sometimes you'll have to click on "define
custom colour"). The values that get displayed will be in the range 0 to
255, so just divide each of the values by 255.

E.g. if the colour picker says "Red 143, Green 204, Blue 237" then in
POVRay you get that colour from {rgb <143/255, 204/255, 237/255>}.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure