POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Forked for VS2015 : Re: Forked for VS2015 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forked for VS2015
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 28 Nov 2015 03:04:14
Message: <MPG.30c329f9f219b89d989686@news.povray.org>
In article <MPG.30c27d8f63471b50989685@news.povray.org>,
dic### [at] buckosoftcom says...

> Woo hoo. I got github/master to build and run, out of the box using
> VS2015 community edition!
>
> Now, haha, my renderfarm server program (windows version) doesn't want
> to talk to my windows client.
>
> Inching closer...

I have increased my RenderFarm from 42Ghz to 70Ghz.
http://www.buckosoft.com/bsac/
I'm a pov happy guy :)

As expected my Windows box is about equal to my 4 linux boxes combined.
For a specific set of frames, I get a render time of 8.5 minutes vs.
22, 27, 27, 78 minutes for my linux boxes.

Yeah, that Celeron's pretty slow, but she's my firewall and is otherwise
pretty idle, so I might as well use it.  Maybe she gets retired from pov
soon...

dik