POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : povdos needed : Re: povdos needed Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:36:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povdos needed
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 11 Nov 2015 10:40:54
Message: <MPG.30ad2b81c7f9db14989683@news.povray.org>
In article <web.563f581a405ef3d9a6fce6540@news.povray.org>,
nomail@nomail says...

> Hi!
>
> After some searching, I think I'm on the right path to compile a console version
> of POVRay for Windows using MinGW64. I have all dependencies compiled without
> problem, the problem now is to make changes to use Windows console because the
> source code is configured in the Unix philosophy, using Unix functions for
> console, so unavailable for Windows.
>
> As I have no time to investigate on this right now, I share here my experience
> so far, maybe it will be useful...

I think building under MinGW64 using the Unix front end is The Right Way
to go.  You pick up all the switch parsing; common code base. Way back,
I built my posdos3.1 that way.  Plus, we avoid this crap where the M$
version only builds with a compiler no longer available.
As long as there's no Windows Loop needed, this is better.

Do you have povray built like this with the unix front end?