POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! : Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Policeman got a parking ticket and complained about it!
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Jul 2008 00:43:45
Message: <MPG.22f6f467fd922c9698a18a@news.povray.org>
In article <488cea40$1@news.povray.org>, ben### [at] pacificwebguycom says...
> Warp wrote:
> >   In fact, I can see rational reasons to *allow* police cars on duty to
> > park in places where other cars normally can't, as already mentioned in
> > this thread: If the police suddenly gets an emergency call, he must be
> > able to access his car fast. Thus it may be imperative that his car is
> > in a place which is as easy to access as possible. If all the regular
> > parking slots nearby are in use, and he would have to park very far awa
> > to obey the law, that could be critical in a case of emergency.
>
> What is more important: the Police obeying the same law they claim to
> uphold, or making an exception for the Police so they can have their
> favorite food?

The later.. Duh! Oh wait.. Got that backwards...

Seriously though. Break one law, break all of them. In this town the
local police routinely pass people in the wrong lane, cut people off it
traffic, ignore stop lights, fail to use turn signals, etc., and all
while neither in pursuit of a speeder, on the way to an incident, or
doing anything other than just patrolling. If someone had tried that in
the town I grew up in, they would be fired so damn fast it wouldn't even
be funny. No park zones are there for "fire zones" or "official" use.
Getting a soda or buying #$#@#@$ lunch doesn't qualify, even where I
live now, and, as I said, the cops here refuse to follow laws that are a
*lot* more fracking serious. But man... Let a nipple show in public and
you will wish you where a certain celebrity, since she probably got off
fracking easy. Don't know, somehow, I would have thought stolen multi-
million dollar paintings, a spree of people slashing tires, theft of
sculptures from people's yards, or the local group of drug dealers would
*all* be a tad more serious than if someone saw a womens tits, and laws
like, "Don't pass on the shoulder, even if you are a cop.", might be a
bit more serious too. Somehow, it turns out I am wrong, at least in this
idiot conservative town..

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {