POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Jul 2008 18:34:05
Message: <MPG.22d5b0248001ce3a98a179@news.povray.org>
In article <486b862e@news.povray.org>, war### [at] tagpovrayorg says...
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > I wonder when they'll start preventing you from removing Windoze?
>
> > (Already I see M$ saying things to hardware vendors like "don't expose

> > your customers to the dangers of software piracy by selling them PCs
> > without Windoze preinstalled". Nice mentallity, eh?)
>
>   In theory it could be possible to tie hardware with a specific OS.
> It may be possible to build a PC which only runs Vista, period.
>
>   OTOH Monopoly laws of most countries would luckily prevent that.

What? You mean they are not already basically doing that with DirectX
10? lol Seriously though, they are already making the hardware so its
hard, or nearly impossible, to take full advantage of it (or work at
all) without Windows. Putting a chip on the MB the way Apple initially
did, so that only their OS would run on their boards, isn't that far of
a stretch.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {