POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Jul 2008 01:34:14
Message: <MPG.22d4c125f942363598a176@news.povray.org>
In article <op.udmbx0ogc3xi7v@news.povray.org>,
phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk says...
> And lo on Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:48:01 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did

> spake, saying:
>
> > Chambers wrote:
> >
> >> And guess what... none of it is infected with DRM!  Eat that, MAFIAA!
> >
> > Give it a few years and it will be illegal to own a digital audio or

> > video device that does not enforce MAFIAA DRM policy. Eat that.
>
> Nah DRM will just become defacto on mainstream devices and they won't pla
> any non-DRM content; and those devices that do play non-DRM conteny won't

> be authorised to play DRM content. If any of the anti-DRM's protest
> they'll just be called pirates.

What? Am I the only one that missed the news reports of "major"
producers, including I believe Sony, giving up on a lot of the DRM and
pulling it from products, because it a) pissed off customers, b) didn't
work anyway, and probably c), in sony's case, got them in serious damn
trouble when they had something that "could" work, but created worse
security issues than it solved?

Must have completely imagined this trend, which is why iToons also
mentioned recently considering (or already) abandoning it. lol

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();