POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Do you recognise any of these phrases? : Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you recognise any of these phrases?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Jun 2008 23:11:50
Message: <MPG.22c37c42fcf051a298a16b@news.povray.org>
In article <c9af54l0kf5ma684rkl2tn6fvbggqshltn@4ax.com>, hob### [at] gatenet
says...
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:07:13 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
>
> >Worse still do you use any of these phrases?
> >
> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7457287.stm
>
> The phrases I cringe at, and hear quite frequently are, "low hanging frui
t"

Used not in the context of the page, but in its older meaning as, "The
stuff you picked because you where too damn lazy to climb the tree." In
other words, useless, possibly rotted from being on the ground, instead
of a branch, and not worth any competent persons time. I find it real
funny that is being used as a "Yippy! The company just scored!" lol

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();