POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A different measure Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A different measure
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 19 May 2008 21:27:49
Message: <MPG.229bd6fc13b27a1798a157@news.povray.org>
In article <48316f48$1@news.povray.org>, sco### [at] scottcom says...
> > to keep it against such small things as air friction isn't all that lar
ge.

> At 75 mph air friction isn't small.  A lot of small cars give up not much

> faster than this because their engine cannot generate enough power to
> overcome the air friction.

Yep. A lot of truck companies in the US are down-tuning their trucks to
run between 60-65 now, instead of 70+, because they *save* 25% on fuel
just by doing that. The last time we had a gas crisis, the President
opted to mandate a nation wide reduction to 55MPH, to force people to
save fuel.

This one... Has increased the amount of "reserve" oil stored away for
when we run out of the real stuff, lowered environmental standards,
where possible, to help promote pumping, and a mess of other useless BS.
Somehow the things that "would" effect cost and usage... he just never
thinks of. But then, what do you expect from a guy whose campaign was,
in part, funded by the very credit people that later wrote the law to
make it harder to file bankruptcy, so you didn't have to *pay* the
credit people? Fixing the real problem isn't what he wants. He wants to
pretend that, as long as it not him whose house is in foreclosure, him
that has 90 credit cards, all maxed, or him that has to spend the babies
milk money on gas, everything is just peachy. After all, according to
him, my yearly income *must be* $100,000 a year (never mind that its not
even 1/5th of that... There simply isn't a problem from the perspective
of the people like him.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {