POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Mar 2008 23:45:29
Message: <MPG.225776fa8ea952a898a134@news.povray.org>
In article <MPG.2257742ce7c7959298a133@news.povray.org>,
sel### [at] rraznet says...
> In article <47ed44c8@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> > I actually found this page pretty interesting:
> >
> > http://www.joethepeacock.com/2008/03/how-to-actually-talk-to-atheists-i
f.php

Interestingly, while the post header says it was posted this month, I am
*sure* I have both seen this argument, and much of the text, other
places, which is why I said it was linked to before. Maybe the guy is
just channeling some of out discussions. The, "I am atheist about
unicorns too", statement is fairly common on PZ's site. More than a few
times its been stated that we wouldn't be bothered by people that led by
example, instead of by obnoxiousness. And, we *have* discussed why this
approach is still not going to work. One of his own post responders even
said why, that appealing to our logic isn't going to work, when logic
doesn't support the underlying presumption being defended, from any
perspective that doesn't, on some level, presume it to start with.

I was absolutely sure I had seen that post linked to before... Hmm.
Maybe it appeared in some form some place else.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();