POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Mar 2008 19:14:49
Message: <MPG.225343639735715f98a12c@news.povray.org>
In article <a30ju3p36qteeban2l1htfmffh7fafb443@4ax.com>,
mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom says...
> >Hence we can all be part of both the clueless majority and enlightened

> >minority ;-)
>
> Why should the majority be clueless and the minority enlightened?

Show me a time in history that this wasn't the case. lol Seriously,
*everyone* is clueless about some things, a small number though rise
above the majority, to varied amounts, due to upbringing, or natural
talent, and often have, in some areas, a far clearer understanding of
the world than the vast majority. The majority though, tend to look for
those that confirm their opinion, not those that challenge it (which is
one of the main traits that distinguish that other minority). This is
what priesthoods are based on, the careful catering to the
*expectations* of the parishioner. When churches have, on rare occation,
gotten uppity and told people they didn't want to hear, the result where
usually not too good for the church. Though, its a toss up whether this
has been worse than the cases where they told their followers what they
wanted to hear, only to have those people later discover it was a lie
(like a number of fun scandals the US has seen recently, of which the
Catholics are but one in a broad membership).

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();