POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Mar 2008 21:00:43
Message: <MPG.22520a8c9c4c309398a128@news.povray.org>
BTW. Here is something for Mr. VanSickle, and any one else that thinks
Expelled invokation of Hitler makes any sense:

From Hitler's Tischgespraeche for 1942:

'Woher nehmen wir das Recht zu glauben, der Mensch sei nicht von
Uranfaengen das gewesen , was er heute ist? Der Blick in die Natur zeigt
uns, dass im Bereich der Pflanzen und Tiere Veraenderungen und
Weiterbildungen vorkommen. Aber nirgends zeigt sich innherhalb einer
Gattung eine Entwicklung von der Weite des Sprungs, den der Mensch
gemacht haben muesste, sollte er sich aus einem affenartigen Zustand zu
dem, was er ist, fortgebildet haben.'

In English:

'From where do we get the right to believe that man was not from the
very beginning what he is today.

A glance in Nature shows us, that changes and developments happen in the
realm of plants and animals. But nowhere do we see inside a kind, a
development of the size of the leap that Man must have made, if he
supposedly has advanced from an ape-like condition to what he is'

This is about as close as you can get to the claims made by ID about
kinds, whether or not Macro-evolution happens, or how/if complexity can
develop from earlier states as you can get. Someone want to explain to
me how this gets you a) atheism or b) evolution by natural selection...
Its damn odd hearing the people claiming to be about free speech and the
truth, using an argument to support teaching their hypothesis in science
class, which mirrors so precisely what the very person they accuse
"science" of acting like, used to claim superiority over those he
considered beneath him.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {