POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Need two things.. : Re: Need two things.. Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need two things..
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 23 Feb 2008 21:45:35
Message: <MPG.222a8811eeb8b01098a107@news.povray.org>
In article <MPG.2229049a9aceccf798a105@news.povray.org>,
sel### [at] rraznet says...
> In article <web.47be68d3ef771f4c5116a38d0@news.povray.org>,
> peter@**nospam**hertel.no says...
> > Try out Jpatch - http://www.jpatch.com/ - It has a very nice material e
ditor
> > with a lot of sliders for pigment and finish which puts out pure, clean
 POV-Ray
> > code.
> >
> Thanks, will take a look. That may have even been what I was thinking
> of, though it might have been the **much** earlier cmapper and crender,

> which I 'thought' had at one point been combined into something more
> useful. By themselves, they are not too useful, since you can preview
> modifiers in one of them, but not what it does to complex textures,
> while the other lets you create the banding for one, but not *see* what

> the actual result will be. Not too helpful. lol

Latest version, I think, doesn't seem to allow color maps, effects on
those maps, and some of the basic controls, in the modeler part,
themselves didn't work for me.. Basically, its texture system is what
crender did. Settings for basics, like transparencies, metallic
finishes, phong, etc, but no way to do what I need, which is play with
banding and the like. Guess I am going to have to go with the hard way
at this point. Almost as much of a pain in the ass as finding out that I
need the "raw" unpatched EQ1 Titanium to log into the emulation server
(s), so I can look around for textures and stuff to use in other parts.
I ain't paying Sony more money to log into that again, just to get
screenshots for design ideas... :(

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {