POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? : Re: OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Feb 2008 23:37:22
Message: <MPG.2212e7386b0fac2198a0f9@news.povray.org>
In article <47a8bafa$1@news.povray.org>, nos### [at] nospamcom says...
> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:10:02 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>
> > I remember a quote... "The Bible should be translated to some universal
> > language... like ANSI C".
>
> I would've thought C++, after all, object instantiation is easier in OOP.
>
> Then again, God could just use delcarations, I suppose.... ;-)

Are you kidding? God used MFC. Even he can't get around the limitations
of the API library and even *simple* stuff that should be possible
instead requires complex and crazy work arounds, which are so difficult
or cost ineffective to manage, it would be easier to just start over
with a new universe and a make a new API for it. ;)

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();