POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question of the day... : Re: Question of the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question of the day...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 Jan 2008 22:43:19
Message: <MPG.220c4315146ffc0e98a0f4@news.povray.org>
In article <op.t5snsscwc3xi7v@news.povray.org>,
phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk says...
> Apart from the "make thing up" bit yep. If you have to make something up

> to fill the gaps then you can be accused of lying; much more satisfactory

> to be misinterpreted instead.

Ah, but only by people that *know* what actually exists in the gaps. The
trick is to find some legitimate gap that they can't fill either, then
stuff a purple pokadot unicorn into it, or what ever the equivalent is
in the subject you are trying to spin your way. If it "sounds" like you
have an answer, while the other side honestly says they don't, but at
looking, a lot of people that don't know any better will fall for
"your" version of it. Well, most people, especially when political
decisions are involved, don't have a clue what is in the gaps, where
they are, how big they are, or even if they exist at all, but they got
one clown up there spinning like a top and insisting they do know that
gaps exist, and they personally, or their team, or what ever, *knows*
exactly what fits in the hole.

To be clear, the origin of the descriptions I gave are from a book
written by one of those people that run satire on Comedy Central, so it
*is* politics that they describe.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {