POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : GPU Rendering : Re: GPU Rendering Server Time
19 May 2024 21:57:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GPU Rendering
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Jan 2008 19:12:20
Message: <MPG.22081d238cfb063d98a0f1@news.povray.org>
In article <479c1614@news.povray.org>, sau### [at] netscapenet says...

> So, yeah, some people do think that
> > doing so is sort of useful. The real question is going to be if it ever

> > gets to the point of supporting enough features to be "useful enough".
>
> So you think it's not useful? Have you every used one or have any stats

> on them? or you know someone who did/does? I want statistics to know how

> useful they really are. For what I read not in the acceptable range.

I said, "useful enough", not "not useful", just to clarify that. But
seriously, its got the same problem that trying to use things like
isosurfaces, or meshes, and the like in Moray has. If you can't "see"
how something that you add interacts in the preview, what is the point
of *having* a preview?

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {