POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question of the day... : Re: Question of the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question of the day...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jan 2008 22:31:17
Message: <MPG.220455bc488a67f898a0ed@news.povray.org>
In article <4799594f$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> Patrick Elliott wrote:

> >> Incidentally, if what you mean is "there is no Heaven", then the corre
ct
> >> answer to the question is "Mu" - the Zen answer that unasks the
> >> question. :-)
> >>
> > "False" in this instance refers to lack of foundation.
>
> Lack of foundation for what? It was a question.
>
> > But, the assumption is false, being unfounded on fact,
>
> Which assumption?

The assumption that such a place exists at all, thus rendering the
question valid. Its like asking if they *have* snow cones at the park on
GW Bush City, Mars. Its presumes, without evidence, that a) someone
actually has already built such a city, and b) it could possibly be
located some place on Mars. You don't even have a place to "put" the
location you want someone to answer a question about, let alone evidence
that such a place, assuming you could adequately define "where" it was
located, exists to *have* anything in. You have to start with something
known to exist first, like, "Is there intelligent life in Florida School
Boards?" Mind you, given recent evidence, this question is just as
nonsensical as yours, but at least we know their is a Florida, and that
it "contains" School Boards to look for intelligence in. ;)

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();