POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question of the day... : Re: Question of the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question of the day...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Jan 2008 21:32:54
Message: <MPG.2202f80fa751951998a0ea@news.povray.org>
In article <47993a7b$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> andrel wrote:
> > Darren New wrote:
> >> Is there free will in Heaven?
> >>

> >> (FWIW, I think either answer leads to some obvious problems. :-)
> >>
> > The question is based on a false assumption. Logic dictates that
> > everything follows from a false assumption so the answer is probably ye
>
> Incidentally, if what you mean is "there is no Heaven", then the correct

> answer to the question is "Mu" - the Zen answer that unasks the
> question. :-)

"False" in this instance refers to lack of foundation. If your roof
caves in, insisting that you know it was from termites is a false
assumption, if you have no proof that termites where in it. Presuming
you can prove they where, you still have to prove that they where the
main cause, which might be kind of hard if it turned out that your roof
was made of metal (which would be the equivalent of heaven not existing
in the first place). But, the assumption is false, being unfounded on
fact, whether or not there *may* be facts to support it, until such
facts are made evident, or other facts are presented that invalidate the
premise.

That there is no evidence, logical or otherwise, to propose that the
statement has any validity, especial as apposed to like thousands of
other things people have *called* heaven (or which, like dragons, are
quite literally *not* the same thing in China and Europe, but get lumped
together under one label, due to what can, sometimes, be trivial
similarities), doesn't help it being provably/testably true either,
never mind a valid premise, as above, to begin with.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();