POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Dec 2007 18:42:13
Message: <MPG.21ce14146c52902f98a0c9@news.povray.org>
In article <47645798$1@news.povray.org>, z99### [at] bellsouthnet says...
> Warp wrote:
> > Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> >> Oh, I thought the "perpetual motion" bit was referring to tapping the

> >> electricity of humans being fed other humans. :-) I mean, the energy h
as
> >> to come from *somewhere*.
> >
> >   Well, the people would need to be fed somehow, so it comes from food?
> >
> >   Of course a different question is that the entire humans-used-for-ene
rgy
> > is completely implausible because humans are poor batteries, and there
> > certainly are much efficient ways to convert natural resources to energ
y.
> > That's the reason why many fans decide to ignore that explanation and r
etcon
> > it so that the people are actually used for computing power, not as ene
rgy
> > sources. (Of course this also is an implausible explanation because it'
s,
> > once again, not a very energy-efficient way of getting computing power.
..)

> Maybe the 'power' being extracted isn't electrical or purely
> computative; imagination is something computers are traditionally bad at

> that one would assume if it could somehow be harnessed, humans are
> convenient sources thereof.  *shrug*

Actually, the explanation was, "a combination of human electrical power
and blah, blah micro fusion", or some similar gibberish. Kind of like
the people where being used as a startup battery to keep the main energy
system running, and it was so closely tied into the network of power
that you couldn't unplug all the people, without having the system shut
down. Though, why they didn't use some of that power to make something
else, which wouldn't need that...

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {