19 Oct 2024 19:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Dec 2007 18:34:14
Message: <MPG.21ce122bcb8826ec98a0c8@news.povray.org>
In article <476422c9$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> Nekar Xenos wrote:
> >> So, when God told Moses to commit genocide, killing everyone in an ent
ire
> >> city except the virgin girls, which he should rape, that was by defini
tion
> >> good?
>
> > In that age every society/race/group had to fight to survive. A lot lik
e the
> > Darwinists'"Survival of the fittest". It was not just the jews that
> > destroyed whole cities, lots of other groups did exactly the same thing
.

> So I take that to mean your answer is "Yes, God told Moses to commit
> genocide, and it was good."

You missed, or just failed to point out, that there is a difference
between, "survival of the fittest", and, "survival of the ones that kill
everyone else off."

So, for the edification of Nekar Xenos, Dawinian survival 101, using
wooden blocks, since that seems to be about the education some people
are able to rise to when learning anything about the subject.

1. Take a board, make a lot of different shaped holes in it.
2. Take a bunch of wooden blocks, and hack them up into different
shapes.
3. Try to fit the pegs into the holes.
4. The ones that ***survive*** are the ones that best ***fit*** the
holes.

This is evolution. Not survival via eliminations of all competitors, but
fitting the hole better than something else does. Extinction happens
because the hole changes. The hole's can change because a) someone comes
along with pegs that fit the holes better, so there is no place for the
"existing" pegs to go or b) something changes the shape of the holes
themselves. There is also a c), but its is basically past of a), in that
obviously, if you made pegs out of something that tended to "eat" the
original pegs, that is going to change the state of the environment just
the same as changing the shape of the hole itself. Why? Because, in the
real world, other species define *part* of that shape. In other words,
the "hole" you are trying to fill is defined by a) how much room you
need, b) how much and what types of food you can live off of, and c)
what might eat you. Cdesign Proponesists, and the like confuse C) with
the **entire** principle, then claim that it is what Darwin was talking
about. In reality, he was looking at finches on islands that where cut
off from predators, so unless you can, in some bizarre fashion, claim
that the plants where eating the birds, or they where eating each other,
***his*** version of survival of the fittest was based solely on
category (a) and (b), neither of which implies species killing each
other to take over their niches.

In other words, your definition of Darwinism is bullshit based on what
some morons want it to mean, not what was ever written. Worse, most of
the time, when ever you have one of these people explain to you what
they think Darwin said, they end up quoting Lemarkian evolution, a
theory that was also being presented at the time. Lemark believed that
a) species evolved to higher states of perfection, and that b) one
species could not coexist with another, but instead entirely replaced it
predecessor. Darwin said, species change to fit their environment, and
extinction only happened *if* one of them found itself unable to compete
for the same limited resources. This neither requires, nor implies that
two similar species cannot exist at the same time, so long as "both" of
them adapt to favor foods, conditions or unique circumstances, which
they other can't handles as effectively. I.e., they would continue to
compete, but exist in parallel, with neither "winning", at least until
some other major environmental change or other factor upset things to
the point where one of them *couldn't* survive, like if a plant one
needed to live, but the other didn't, died off in some sort of blight,
or the like.

Tell you what, Xenos. Go learn what Darwin did say, and what evolution
does claim, then come back and discuss the entirely human, and/or
Lemarkian, bullshit of, "Me got bigger rock, because me superer, you
lose! Unless me drop on own toe.", thinking that was practiced by
Biblical tribes.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {