19 Oct 2024 12:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 13 Dec 2007 21:52:32
Message: <MPG.21cb9dd9b8dd0f4598a0c5@news.povray.org>
In article <web.476175fc922777eb773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>,
nam### [at] gmailcom says...
> Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Y'know in modern times if someone were within an inch of sacrificing
> > their child and claimed God told them to do it, they'd be placed in a
> > mental health facility quicker than you could blink.
>
> Is this the same modern times which overload children and teens with all
kinds
> of demonic imagery in disguise of good entertainment?  And then eventuall
> makes teens shoot people in schools or malls just like they do in the
> videogames?

No, its the modern society where "good Christians" can't imagine their
poor children every doing anything wrong, ignore every possible warning
sign of a problem, until the teen goes nuts and starts looking for ways
to hurt people, then blames the video game that the teen in question
asked them to buy him for his birthday for *everything* that happened.

See, if your version was true, then we would be seeing entire schools
full of children going on murder sprees, not just the obscure loner that
***everyone***, especially their own parents, ignored, didn't want to
see, never bothered to talk to, and didn't think needed counseling
nearly as much as some other little snit that, I don't know.., might
have been permanently traumatized by finding out that Fred and Barnie
where cartoon characters, and people didn't actually ride dinosaurs. I
means, making sure that someone that has *no* problems at all, other
than that something maybe mildly offended them, is *so much* better a
use of school resources than helping the guy who sits in a corner,
glares at everyone, jokes about killing people and... Oh, never mind.
You are obviously one of the endless line of people that will ignore
***everything*** that went wrong, including parents that didn't bother
to so much as look in the kids room once in a while, or pay any
attention to their kids, or how they developed morally, and will instead
just blame it on a few irrelevant bits of stupid BS, which **failed** to
cause the same problem in the other hundreds of kids at the school, all
of whom probably played the same games, or the literally millions nation
wide that did so.

I mean, demonic images and violent games must be horrible inefficient
for spreading evil, given that it effects what... 0.000001% of the
people that ever see them, or play the games? Give me a fracking break.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();