19 Oct 2024 12:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 13 Dec 2007 21:12:13
Message: <MPG.21cb9441a07ed3ce98a0c3@news.povray.org>
In article <4760c463$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
> > Just wondering.
>
> I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with nudity, considering being
> embarrassed of being nude is what got Adam and Eve ratted out in the
> first place.

Well, no. It was one of the silly excuses they used for what sort of
"wrong stuff" they suddenly realized after. Later on you have the son of
a woman that got raped, as a result of her rapist seeing her bathing,
ruling a great nation of believers, while the rapist gets killed in some
huge war or something. I.e., she didn't do anything wrong, and was
rewarded, he got an early grave. Even later, and at least one Christian
nudist group uses this as justification for their life style, God
ordered one of his various prophets to go naked before the people to
preach, and was told, when the prophet whined about if it was
appropriate, "As long as its done in humility, its not a sin."

Mind you, I personally think that the whole idea of nudity being wrong
is about "shame", not humility, in the first place. If you are not aware
that its wrong, you have no reason to either flaunt it, or be shamed by
it, so can only be humble. Its when some moron starts telling you that
a) you need to dress, because people just don't do that sort of thing,
and b) some naughty bits shouldn't ever be seen by the other sex, that
you get **both** the idea that there is something to flaunt and show
off, as well as the idea that there is some shame in others seeing it,
or you letting them see it.

But yeah, its probably the single oldest (if you presume it was written
in *any* sort of chronological order to the rest) bullshit sin on a long
list of ones, for which the supposed solutions to the supposed problems
only either make the problem worse, or in this case, might *actually* be
responsible for creating most of them in the first place.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();