19 Oct 2024 06:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 12 Dec 2007 22:38:38
Message: <MPG.21ca572783b858f798a0b9@news.povray.org>
In article <475f8973$1@news.povray.org>, nos### [at] nospamcom says...
> On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 21:20:00 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
> > So, the questions really are: 1. Does it have to be human readable?
>
> That would be a "watch" by definition.  The usage that I have seen this

> is in the context of the book "The Invisible Watchmaker", and the premise

> (at least from the debates I've had with people who have read it; I have

> not) seems to be flawed as the idea is that a watch has to imply a
> watchmaker because a watch must be made by a maker.  Therefore, there
> must be a watchmaker or there'd be no watch.

Actually, it just implies that a maker can sometimes come up with things
that "personally" benefit him/her/it-self, which wouldn't otherwise
result. The reason I said "human readable" is precisely because of that
basic conceit, that because its useful to them in some fashion, and its
too complicated for them to bother (not attempt, just bother) to figure
out, this implies that a maker had to do it. My point was that you could
decide that some flower, which had the odd tendency of gripping your
wrist, would look nice to wear, and never realize that it was so synced
to the 24 hour cycle of the planet that it also did something that made
it 100% like a watch. Or maybe there could be a leech that when through
clear 24 hour cycles, which only appear in its *chemistry*, in which
case you would still be wearing a good watch, you just wouldn't be able
to read it at all. And so on. The initial presumption is that you would
*recognize* it as a watch in the first place. I.e., that it would
display the information in a way that the moron looking for a watch
would "recognize" as watch like.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {