18 Oct 2024 08:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 11 Dec 2007 01:35:34
Message: <MPG.21c7dcf4f800945498a0b1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.475d7493922777ebf48316a30@news.povray.org>,
nam### [at] gmailcom says...
> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote:
> > you can't open a church without
> > attracting pedophiles, lunatics and crazy people like flies to a corpse
.

> Jesus preached for humble people, fishers, prostitutes and the mentally o
> bodily ill.  Those people have every bit as much right to salvation as yo
u.
> maybe even more so...

Dude. I am a 36 year old virgin, living with my parents, and working as
a grocery bagger for Safeway. Short of becoming a drug addict and
selling my body for spare change on the street, while sleeping under the
local bridge, I have a damn hard time figuring how the heck you think I
could be more humble. But, I suppose your right, I hate fishing. I am
sure that must be a *huge* mark against me.

Don't #@$##$ presume you know how humble people are. Its usually a sign
that you are about as far from humble yourself as Bill Gates would be to
passing into heaven (if you believe that particular parable). I have
done my humblest, and often insufficient, best to try to explain why I
think you are a fool for believing what you do, and have made it very
clear that I think my own skill in arguing about it is vastly inadequate
by the standards of nearly anyone else I know (though, being slightly
less humble, I think I have gotten marginally better over time). You...
You profess to have absolute truth on your side, to know with certainty
you are right, to know that I will pay for my sins, and a whole host of
other things which, by your own supposed belief, you should not have any
right to claim, and none of which you have been able to defend with
anything but more assertions of how much better *your* understanding of
the world is than every other person arguing against you. If you where
an less humble, I might accuse you of being the twin brother/sister of
fracking Paris Hilton.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {