17 Oct 2024 21:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 Dec 2007 00:12:54
Message: <MPG.21c677f0b64c4bd698a0aa@news.povray.org>
In article <web.475c5793922777eb22e9f4040@news.povray.org>,
nomail@nomail says...
> > Don't believe me, then try it yourself. I absolutely guarantee that, no
> > matter how smart or literate the believer, and how careful you are to
> > "only" deal with the arguments they bring up, and be completely fair to
> > them, it will *inevitably* sink to the point where their only defense i
> > that they believe, you don't, and until you do, you won't understand th
> > sublime genius of their position.
> Obviously. It's like a rational discussion between a left wing and right
wing
> junkies. Nobody will ever convince the guys on the other side. So what?
> Different axioms at the base of the logical construct make inevitably for
> different conclusions. That is why atheists attack single-mindedly the Ge
nesis
> and Jesus: because they are the roots of Christianism.
> What I find funny, is that the lalala Christians, as you yourself mention
ed in
> another post, use long rants, with lots of asterisks, I've seen it too. W
ell,
> some of it rubbed off on you. LOL.

Oh, yeah, it couldn't possibly be the fact that there are three
different contradictory versions of events in the former, or that the
later is thought, even by a large number of Christians, and a great many
more historians, to be a fictional character.. That can't possibly be
it.

And you are wrong. Those are just the thing *you* people constantly
shove in our faces to try to prove science wrong, in the former case,
and claim moral superiority in the later. If the later where true, I
would be writing this from a jail cell, having committed multiple mass
murders. Every scrap of evidence seems to imply that not only is that
argument entirely invalid, but that you can't open a church without
attracting pedophiles, lunatics and crazy people like flies to a corpse.

As for using Asterisks... I think you need to look around at some of the
websites and emails people that think as you do produce. I'll give you a
hint. They usually use a dozen different clashing colors, 16 different
font sizes, comic sans and random word capitalization. If you get real
lucky, it will be written by someone that doesn't know how to use a
period, attached ! to damn near anything they can, except ironically the
logical end of sentences, and some of them are so incoherent I can't
figure out how they got passed 4th grade, never mind high school. A few
** doesn't even rise to the level of a mild neurotic twitch. These
people, who actually would think the arguments you are using make sense,
should be chewing foam out of the walls of a padded cell, not trying to
defend religion on the Internet.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {