17 Oct 2024 19:40:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Dec 2007 23:12:19
Message: <MPG.21c66a65f97a2d0b98a0a4@news.povray.org>
In article <475c486d$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> Jim Henderson wrote:
> > Not saying I agree with that idea, but that's the counter argument that

> > I've run into in the past myself.
>
> Sure, except that's factually incorrect. It's easy to do experiments to

> show it's pretty trivial to evolve something that does a rather
> sophisticated function without actually designing how it does it, and
> indeed with the result being difficult or impossible to analyze for how

> it works. In other words, no, the watch doesn't imply the watchmaker.

Someone actually did this, though I don't remember the link, and sadly,
it wasn't animated, just based on mathematical calculations. He had
clocks that where accurate to within a few hundredths of a second,
roughly similar to a real mechanical clock, within 14-20 generations,
every single time. lol

> This is the same "I can't imagine how it could be anything else, so I
> must be right."  The old "since my imagination is inadequate, I must be

> right" argument. They said the same thing about thunder too.

Yep.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {