17 Oct 2024 02:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Dec 2007 16:48:24
Message: <MPG.21c218562144955398a09e@news.povray.org>
In article <475### [at] hotmailcom>, a_l### [at] hotmailcom
says...
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
> > In article <475### [at] hotmailcom>, a_l### [at] hotmailcom
> > says...
> >> Note to Patrick: you might think that if I tell you I am an atheist th
at
> >> you know what I think and how I should behave. Believe me, you haven't

> >> got a clue.
> >>

> > Odd. And here I thought I mentioned the whole "herding cats" concept at

> > some point. lol But seriously, as long as you are not one of those, "If

> > we are nice to the wackos, then eventually we will win!", types, we
> > might get along.
>
> Me? I  am one of the wacko's, I'd think.
>
> > If you are, then I would remind you that we have been
> > trying that for the last 150 years and they **still** think we are the

> > spawn of Satan, out to destroy them, and too militant, strident, close

> > minded and/or confused and ignorant of the truth as they did 150 years

> > ago.
>
> Somewhere I mentioned that I am dutch. Things are a bit different here.

Yeah, I noticed. I mean, its telling when you find a study, like the one
I did a while back, which shows 100% of Europe on the side of free
thinking and general non-traditionalism (in the sense of only ever doing
what their religion says to do), while the US looked like a bloody
octopus, which some tendrils jammed up through the center of the Middle
East part of the map, all the way to the edge of it. Basically, there is
a tendril of stupidity in this country that makes radical Islam look
sane, in that its even "more" strict, more obsessed with traditions and
even more religiously motivated than the biggest wackos in *any* country
over there.

Its kind of uncomfortable realizing that, however small their number,
there are people around you that have about as much common ground with
you, or just basic reality, in some cases, than a wolf has with a
rabbit, and that the only two things you have going for you is a) the
majority are sitting some place in a mass in the middle, and b) that
there is another tendril sticking through the middle of the European
views, that is more liberal, nontraditional and anti-authoritarian than
anything in Europe either (and I would say, sometimes as batshit insane,
irrational and just plain unhinged as the authoritarian, traditionalist,
radical religious group).

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {