17 Oct 2024 02:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Dec 2007 16:21:14
Message: <MPG.21c2157ce78acbc798a09d@news.povray.org>
In article <web.4758434f922777ebf48316a30@news.povray.org>,
nam### [at] gmailcom says...
> > The "burning bush" that Moses saw could have been anything - it could'v
> > been something red and glowing that, I don't know, aliens used as a
> > communications device.

> It could've been only in his own mind, indeed.  His very personal experie
nce
> of the divine.  Still, it has led us today where we are.  Believers or
> non-believers all drawn into the same whirlwind of events chained by the
> Jewish Christian sect being adopted and spread by the Roman Empire and
> decidedly influencing the course of human history...

So it influenced human history. So what. So did a lot of things. That
doesn't mean it didn't influence it *wrongly*, or that its prevalence,
mostly via violence, war, subversion, threats, torture and assassination
(directly or via its acceptance by those that both believed it and used
such tactics), makes it somehow better than other alternatives that
*could* have happened.

Its not a valid defense of its value, its existence or if the invisible
friend behind it is real. For thousands of years China managed to make
the "Christian" world look like complete fools, while believing that
their Emperor was a god and descended from dragons. By your logic, had a
few key moments in history been different, you would now be sitting here
arguing that our Emperor really is a God, and that he is a direct
descendant of dragons, because it can't be otherwise and there still be
a Chinese empire.

Its even worse, given the fact that you can trace virtually **every**
story in the Bible back to some prior religion, and that not one of
those religions believed in the same God that the Jews eventually
insisted was the real one, and many of them believed in ***multiple***
gods. What, the real one wandered around among a hundred different
tribes pretending to be multiple gods, then one day got bored and
decided to tell them not to believe in any of them other than the one he
decided to stick with?

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {