17 Oct 2024 02:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Dec 2007 16:08:48
Message: <MPG.21c2129ebfb02ab98a09c@news.povray.org>
In article <4758485d$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> Jim Henderson wrote:
> > Why does it have to be Christians, though?  How's about Buddhism?
>
> That's fine. I don't think Buddhists are theists, tho. Or, at worst,
> they worship someone who said "don't worship me."  However, I'll happily

> admit I know very little about buddhism.

I don't know a *lot* about it either, but strictly speaking there are
two reasons you don't see them as powerful as Christianity (though
technically Islam is at least twice as large as Christianity and more
cohesive, so...), or as prone to kill/conquer and/or convert people to
make them Buddhists. 1. Most of them are not theists. Some are, but that
is a fairly recent issue that imho arose when some of them decided to
try to consolidate Jesus with Buddha, and figured the only way it worked
was to make Buddha a new version of Jesus. The fact that almost none of
the silly woo woo stuff Buddha insisted enlightened people could do
didn't work any more than anyone else's woo probably didn't help to
prevent it. 2. They *tend* to be pacifistic and inclusive, taking an
almost new age woo view of enlightenment, by which you can get their by
many paths, even the silly and stupid ones, so there isn't much point to
killing off a bunch of people that opt for some other path.

It should be noted that some of them *have* gotten violent in recent
years, but unless I am mistaken, the ones that did so are the same ones
that chose to follow Buddha as a god, not the ones that followed his
original teachings. The original version is little more than atheism
with alchemy and magic pasted over it. The *new* Buddhism is basically
the same BS as every other religion, and just as prone to defends its
"God" via violence as all of the rest of them.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();