16 Oct 2024 22:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Dec 2007 00:24:21
Message: <MPG.21c133f3f569764298a098@news.povray.org>
In article <475### [at] hotmailcom>, a_l### [at] hotmailcom
says...
> Note to Patrick: you might think that if I tell you I am an atheist that

> you know what I think and how I should behave. Believe me, you haven't
> got a clue.

Odd. And here I thought I mentioned the whole "herding cats" concept at
some point. lol But seriously, as long as you are not one of those, "If
we are nice to the wackos, then eventually we will win!", types, we
might get along. If you are, then I would remind you that we have been
trying that for the last 150 years and they **still** think we are the
spawn of Satan, out to destroy them, and too militant, strident, close
minded and/or confused and ignorant of the truth as they did 150 years
ago. At best, the fact that nothing they have claimed to be true, or
tried as an alternative to secular solutions, has worked as well (or
some times at all), is the only reason we are winning the battle. And as
fun as it is to watch fools throw water balloons at the castle wall,
while disdaining the open gate, which merely requires that they agree to
play by the rules to get in legitimately, I have to start to wonder how
effective playing nice still is, when they stop using water balloons and
start trying, however poorly, to construct ladders and primitive
catapults. The fact that 90% of the time the ladders fall apart and the
catapults are aimed in random directions doesn't matter much if they
manage to accidentally launch enough priests over the wall. Sadly, some
fools on our side of the wall are just as susceptible to some types of
woo as the people standing around outside.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();