16 Oct 2024 20:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Dec 2007 23:26:26
Message: <MPG.21c127b7e4aa560e98a093@news.povray.org>
In article <475### [at] hotmailcom>, a_l### [at] hotmailcom
says...
> I have never said that. I said that I am an atheist and in a religious
> way, not that atheism is a religion. So your premise is wrong. Logical
> says that from a false premise you can derive anything. Hence you can
> from here on deduce anything.
> [snipped some invalid conclusions].
>
> I try to answer Darren elsewhere, perhaps that might shed some light. (I

> hope not).

I quote: "As just another atheist I'd like to point out that atheism is
a religion too."

That hardly sounds like a vague assertion that its sort of kind of like
one, in some ways. All my conclusions lead from this assertion of yours.

Oh, and just to be clear. I am using the definition for religion that
***religious*** people most often claim it is, and the definition of
atheism that is most common among atheists. That your definition
deviates from those isn't all that relevant, especially since it also
deviates from most dictionary definitions too, which pretty clearly do
not include anything other than disbelief in gods in one, and list a
whole mess of stuff you have to believe to be the other. But, what ever
definition or denial floats your boat. ;)

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();