16 Oct 2024 16:47:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Dec 2007 22:39:38
Message: <MPG.21bfc7d0b1304e7f98a090@news.povray.org>
In article <475### [at] hotmailcom>, a_l### [at] hotmailcom
says...
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
> >> I would disagree, but that's OK.
> >>
> > I would disagree too. You don't learn ethics by someone *telling* you

> > that its bad, you do so by testing the boundaries of what, first, you

> > parents allow, then society, and concluding, based on evidence, that
> > there are **consequences** for acting unethically. Its only arbitrary i
> > the sense that "sometimes" the rules are based on irrational projection
> > of imaginary consequences, or misinterpretations of the magnitude,
> > nature, existence or even the actual cause of real consequences.
> >
> That is not ethics, that is culture. You learn ethics by finding out why

> the universe exist and what it's ultimate goal is. Use that as a basis
> to explain mankind's existence and its final purpose. From that you can

> derive what you as a person should do. At least that is how I did it
> (granted, I still have to fill in some minor details).

One of us is using a completely crazy definition of what "ethics" means,
and since yours is nothing like what *anyone* I have ever talked to
uses, I don't think its mine. Just saying...

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();