16 Oct 2024 16:48:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Dec 2007 22:39:37
Message: <MPG.21bfc75ec9dfe6e898a08f@news.povray.org>
In article <4755d791@news.povray.org>, nos### [at] nospamcom says...
> Is self-faith blind?  I dunno; maybe not blind per se, but it is
> certainly coloured by one's experiences.

You are making the same mistake he did. "Blind faith", as religious
people describe it implies that a thing simply **is**, and that the very
act of testing it, or trying to find an explanation, is sinful and/or
destructive. After all, how can it be blind, if you can prove it via
evidence? That they can't do this either is hardly the point, its the
definition they insist on, and they will deny to their last breath that
its not valid, whether they evidence you provide suggests its true, or
false. To them, it doesn't matter, its simply ***always*** true. Its
this very cognitive dissonance and incomprehensible mind twisting
warping of logic and reality that led several people I talk to on
science sites to conclude that faith, as the religious insists on
defining it, is poison, and got them looking for answers "outside" the
faiths they where once in. At which point they realized that the people
around them where, if anything, crazier than they previously thought
they might be. lol

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {