16 Oct 2024 16:48:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Dec 2007 21:45:16
Message: <MPG.21bfbe7c5d294e5c98a08c@news.povray.org>
In article <4755293c$1@news.povray.org>, tim### [at] comcastnet says...
> > I already granted that I was reading an English translation and therefo
re
> > was several steps removed. That "kill" isn't what it says in the old
> > testament isn't really the point - the point is that Jesus, for example
,
> > can't reasonably be said to provide context for the meaning of the ten

> > commandments, nor can Pope John Paul III, or etc etc etc.
>

> Matthew 22:34-40
> But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees,
> they gathered together. Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question,
> testing Him, and saying, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment
> in the law?" Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God
> with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is

> the
> first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love
> your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the
> Law and the Prophets."

Yep. Just to confuse things even farther. lol

It doesn't really help matter much either, since the later presumes you
*do* love yourself, so will not try to kill other people, because you
can't stand killing yourself, or other insane behaviors. Not to mention
it doesn't say much about things like little white lies, etc., where you
know they would make *you* feel better, so use them to make others feel
better, ignoring the possible consequences. And so on.

As someone else said in this thread. You would think an all powerful god
could manage to avoid making confusing statements that you can interpret
any way you like, and make sure everyone, including the ones that
*might* be intentionally, or incidentally, confused, wouldn't be. lol

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();