16 Oct 2024 12:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Dec 2007 21:11:09
Message: <MPG.21be61ed44e74d198a087@news.povray.org>
In article <4753710d$1@news.povray.org>, dne### [at] sanrrcom says...
> Warp wrote:
> >
> >> I dunno. Maybe because HE'S GOD!?  ;-)
> >
> >   I honestly don't understand. Because the one who sends the message is
 God,
> > then there cannot be context of the message anylonger?
>
> No. Because the one who sends the message is God, the message should be

> understandable to anyone alive. Especially when there are only two
> people alive.
>
> You haven't explained to me what context there was in the garden of eden

> that wasn't taken into account.
>
> > Because the one who
> > sends the message is God it should be possible to rip off a few words o
> > the message and still maintain the whole meaning of the message?
>
> What "few words"?  What context do you think "thou shalt not kill" has
> that isn't embodied in the old testament?

Hmm. The world "kill", given that its use is **entirely** modern, the
original text was Hebrew and ****they**** use a completely different
word, just like we do, for kill vs. murder? I mean, that would kind of
matter wouldn't it, that kill and murder, at least technically, mean
different things, and that the *oldest* version of the text uses the
world for murder, not the generic "kill" that most Christians insist was
meant? But, that opens a whole can of worms, because it becomes a bit
problematic how you determine who legitimately gets to define the
difference, and how, if God is the one defining the difference, you can
*prove* that God actually told them, instead of them just claiming he
did, even if they perform some silly card trick to try to prove it.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {
      call slow_by_half();