16 Oct 2024 04:06:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 27 Nov 2007 17:26:13
Message: <MPG.21b6476d5106481898a080@news.povray.org>
In article <474b48ee$1@news.povray.org>, rli### [at] speakeasynet says...
> "Patrick Elliott" <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote in message
>
> "When you can't tell the difference between satire and what your oppositi
on
> actually believes, its about time to have a good laugh at it all"
>
> If that's not a great .sig file I don't know what is.

Hmm. Nice idea. Which reminds me, I need to adjust mine a bit, since it
doesn't account for XP or Vista. There, that should do it.

As for examples of how these clowns operate. The latest BS from Dembski
involved, roughly 63 or so days ago, being called on the fact that he
grabbed video from YouTube, which was produced by Harvard for its
biology talks, *someone* dubbed over a lot of creationist BS, then he
used it in his talks. His non-apology amounted to claiming he didn't do
anything wrong, it was just lying there on the internet, he did
attribute it, "and here is a very blurry image capture", which you can't
read the main title in, let alone the any supposed attribution, and that
he promises not to use *this* one again. Mind you, the fact that his
actions involve copyright infringement, misrepresentation, and, based on
one statute, piracy (misusing of someone else's work, not for parody,
but as a means of directly misrepresenting the original work), seems to
just go right over his head. And the DI, who are supposedly Christians
can't, for some incomprehensible reason, grasp that its also breaks the
8th and 9th commandments, against stealing and bearing false witness.

But then, this is what you expect from them and Dembski. Nothing is
wrong, as long as it supports their cause, and Dembski is never wrong,
as long as he can come up with some silly babbling non-apology for how
he misused, misstated or intentionally distorted someone else's work.
Its getting old at this point.

But it does represent their entire argument in a nut shell, "Its
unbelievably complex, we don't comprehend how it got that way, including
the explanation we either didn't bother to listen to, or intentionally
deleted in order to insert our own 'theory', and therefor, because we
don't understand it, and it is scary and confusing to us, ***you***
people are all wrong and conspiring against us, and well, something sort
of, but maybe not actually, God did it instead."

Its the same argument they started with, the same whining about science
getting everything wrong, the same litany of complaints about stuff they
don't and/or can't comprehend, the same insistence, in the face of
evidence, that it all makes no sense and is too complicated, and the
same hypothesis that somehow, if we just stopped asking them for a
theory, evidence or **research** everyone could just all agree that they
have a theory, have shown evidence (instead of just complaints) and that
what they do qualifies as research. I find the way these people think to
be profoundly disturbing, not the least because they would agree 100%
what science is *if* you where asking them how a CSI lab works, but
insist its a conspiracy against them if the same methods are used to
prove that all they have is more accurately described as old moth eaten
clothing, with no emperor. Kind of the mirror image reversal of what
your average con artist tries to sell.

Oh, and true to form, as soon as some people tried to ask him for an
explanation about how he got the video, who edited it, and why he
thought it was OK to use it, he immediately closed the commenting system
to anyone that didn't kiss his ass. Predictable as some people praying
for rain.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {