11 Oct 2024 21:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Nov 2007 23:06:15
Message: <MPG.21a815bf1dc49cb098a078@news.povray.org>
In article <473dd9a2@news.povray.org>, war### [at] tagpovrayorg says...
> > and atheists aren't anti-christian, they're anti-theist. :-)
>
>   In my experience the majority of self-proclaimed atheists vehemently
> oppose christianity, usually much more than any other religions. Usually
> they have a more or less indifferent attitude towards other religions,
> while loudly opposing anything related to christianity.

When you run into one that is living under the thumb of some *other*
religion, let me know. lol Seriously, you fight what you know, not the
boogyman in someone else's back yard. It does no good at all, in a
nation filled with Christians, to complain that the biggest problems in
the world are caused by Taoists who believe in animal spirits. We are
not indifferent to them, save in as much that they ***do not effect us
as directly, so by definition are of less relevance***.

>   (I have even witnessed extreme cases, where devoted atheists have had
> a *positive* attitude towards other religions, up to the point where they
> frown upon criticising them, while still loudly criticising christianity.
)

Umm. Yeah, and even Christianity has "some" positive things in it, once
you get past all the goofy shit on the surface. **some** have a lot less
goofy BS to start with. Hinduism, in some forms, is about as close to
atheist as you can get and still be religious. Buddhism is much the
same, in its original form. While it contains a lot of unprovable woo,
it *does* emphasize one principle that is common to science, "One should
not believe anything simply because someone else *told you* it is true,
not even me. You should figure out if its true yourself." - Buddha. And
again, 90% of the people running the government, businesses, the local
school board, etc. are **neither** Hindu or Buddhist, so we don't
exactly see a lot of what ever true stupidity might arise from them. I
am pretty sure that most atheist in the ME **probably** spend most of
their time ranting about Islam too, does that also make no sense to you?
Oh, and the real joke is that the Jewish faith actually has "Atheist
Jews" in it, so even if the orthodox branch is as nuts as the Christian
fundamentalists, they are *also* less of the problem.

To be frank, I tend to suspect that if it wasn't politically incorrect
and harder, there would be "Christian atheists" too. I have heard people
describe themselves as "following the word", but also stating that they
don't believe most of the NT, and are unsure, or even certain, that
Jesus wasn't who the Bible claims. The problem is, Christian ideals are
so generic now, that unless you are a literalist or Evangelical, its
**literally** impossible to be Christian and give up belief in its God
or prophet. Jews still have a lot of OT rules about proper behavior,
proper food preparation, proper this, proper that, etc. which are part
of their traditions, and which are not generally shared by everyone else
on the planet, who "don't" happen follow their beliefs. A "Christian
atheist" isn't a whole lot different than a plane atheist, and that is a
real serious problem if you want to call yourself the former. lol

Its not that your perception is wrong, you are looking at thing on the
wrong scale.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()