11 Oct 2024 21:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Nov 2007 22:24:34
Message: <MPG.21a80cb47f4341c498a075@news.povray.org>
In article <473e5a14@news.povray.org>, Charles C <"nospam a nospam.com">
says...
> The claim by the defendants in the case (the school board) was that
> intelligent design is not religious and it is not creationism.  The
> plaintiffs got very lucking in finding one very interesting piece of
> evidence:  the 'missing link between creationism and intelligent
> design', namely the word "cintelligent designism" (or something like
> that). There was a 1980's paper which had been updated to replace all
> instances of "creationism" to "intelligent design" after a different
> court case, but had not been edited very carefully.  There was a strong

> connection between this paper and an intelligent-design textbook donated

> to the Dover school district, which made it more difficult for the
> plaintiffs to insist that there was no religious intent involved.

Umm. No, it wasn't a paper, it was a book called "Of Pandas and People"
and they where **trying** to get it used as a science text in the
schools. Only, when they couldn't get it in on the grounds of its
religious content, they edited it, removing all references to
"creation" with "intelligent design", then tried again. In the original
court case I am not sure they found the "cintelligent designism" part,
but they *did* find an earlier copy of the book that differed in content
*only* by the replacement of one word with its new alternate. Umm. Also
not sure you got it right. The latest joke posts about, "proof of the
evolution of creation", claim that the resulting word was, "cdesign
proponentsists", and there has been some discussion of using that as the
"name" for people from the Discovery Institute and others that support
ID.

But yeah. If you are going to try to sneak something in the back door,
it helps if it doesn't look like the same object, with a different paint
job. lol

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()