11 Oct 2024 21:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Nov 2007 22:08:00
Message: <MPG.21a806dd642868498a071@news.povray.org>
In article <473dde89$1@news.povray.org>,
gal### [at] libertyALLsurfSPAMfr says...

> >   Take any unsolved question in science, which science has yet not an
> > answer to, and present the theory "it happens because invisible gnomes
> > do it from inside the Earth". Even if the scientist doesn't have any
> > alternative theory to that, it's still completely valid for him to doub
> > that presented theory.
> >

> The doubt in this case is for a completely valid reason. A key point
> with any scientific theory is that you have to be able to challenge it.

> Your little gnomes are hard to test for empirically...
>
> So the scientist still does not have a scientific theory, in that case.

Yeah. The first problem seems to be that ID people think *theory* means
"guess". It doesn't. A guess isn't based on evidence. Something isn't a
theory until you can provide more than complaints about what you think
is wrong with the other one (and prove that those are valid complaints
in the first place), but also show how yours better explains things. You
then have to provide some concept of what would disprove it. ID comes in
basically two flavors - Panspera (or how ever its spelled), which posits
life showing up from space in some way, for which there is currently no
evidence, and which wouldn't do a damn thing to change evolution anyway,
or the Disco Institutes version, which is the equivalent of if I said,
"The oatmeal cookies I had on the table where stolen by pink unicorns,
who then implanted false memories in my head, which made me think I ate
them. My proof is that I ***say*** I didn't actually eat them!" Uh,
huh...

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()