11 Oct 2024 05:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Nov 2007 00:31:30
Message: <MPG.21a587775d9a848798a066@news.povray.org>
In article <473abb4b@news.povray.org>, war### [at] tagpovrayorg says...
> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/scalzi/1969151713/in/set-72157603091357751
/
> > http://scalzi.com/whatever/?p=121
>
>   Regardless of what is the truth, that just seems to be mocking for the
> sake of mocking. "Hahahaa! Look at all those idiots!"
>   Is that any better than the idiots?

You didn't do more than read the article and look at a few pictures
right? To be clear, the author is a biologist, so he knows how bloody
silly this shit is. He also never says that **everyone** there is an
idiot. He even mentions one guy that, at the sign where it blames Adam's
eating an apple for creating weeds said, "Oh, come on!"

How the heck do you go through a place like that and not, about half way
through, start laughing your ass off. I means seriously, their
**entire** exhibit is based on two ideas - 1. Evolution is wrong, and 2.
Everything on earth was carried on the ark by Naoh by through the flood.
They can't even get their own nonsense right, in that they have a
diorama that **very clearly** shows dinos being loaded on the ship that
are **bigger** than Giraffes, then two rooms later they try to claim
that only *young* dinosaurs where loaded on the ship, which being young
where no bigger than a dog. Well, which @$#@$ one is it? Then there is
the, "Evolution is false, but well, there probably where only a small
number of animals on the ship, so everything 'evolved' from those
'kinds' into all the billions of species we see now..." Again, which $@#
$@# one is it?

This a monument to one nuts badly thought out version of one minority
interpretation of one religions silly story, and an even worse attempt
to claim that everything from disease, famine, and apparently crab
grass, is the fault of either Adam's fall, or teaching Evolution, or
both, backed by the worst science imaginable (if you can even call it
science), paranoia, and obvious mental illness. And, as the author state
in the subtext on his photo set, its unimaginable that 90% of the people
that go through the place will leave having been convinced of anything
other than that the guy who created the place was totally nuts, and a
sense of either horror that it was built and people might believe it, or
a strong case of the giggles (possibly both). The other 10% **have to
be** so badly deluded and disconnected from reality to begin with, that
nothing short of a head on collision with a semi is likely to dislodge
the idea that Ken Ham is some sort of scientific genius.

And now, that last suggestion, that you can't reach the people that will
believe this place, is **not** pure conjecture. Sure, *some* find
themselves in direct conflict between the huge disparity between facts
and the fiction they where taught, but at that point there is only two
paths. One, path is to suffer a massive crisis and start "honestly"
looking for the truth, the other path is to spiral into the pit of
insanity. The later post lots on the Internet. You can tell who they are
in posts by the fact that you can point them at the largest depositories
of facts possible, including rebuttals of their **specific** complaints
and arguments and not only will they not read them, they will continue
to repeat the same accusations, invalid arguments, silly strawmen, etc.,
over and over until they either get banned or get bored and find someone
else's website to rant on. Most of them are more than happy to give you
links to their websites, or send you emails too. They are almost always
written in comic sans, AND tend to emphasize WORDS, often seemingly AT
random using ALL caps, also using multiple colors, and a dozen different
font sizes, just in case you failed to notice those ALL CAPS parts.

I haven't met *anyone* on *any* website, out of hundreds, who actually
believed this BS and didn't even endlessly repeat the same BS over and
over, while appearing to be incapable of reading *anything*, including
the comments replying to them, without either missing the point,
ignoring it, or just flat out not reading what was said, and who didn't,
if they emailed people, or owned a website dedicated to their "truth",
didn't fit the above description. Well, almost none of them anyway, but
the ones that don't love to praise the ones that *do* fit that
description.

No, I don't think "most" of the people that are in any of those pictures
are idiots. Some are probably, at least in one respect, completely
fracking batshit nuts, just like the guy that built the place, but if
its more than about 5% of them, we might as well all move to Australia
and watch the US implode in the vacuum of ignorance, incompetence and
gullibility that would invariably suggest. And even 5% frankly scares
me.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()