POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Had a thought.. : Re: Had a thought.. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Had a thought..
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Jul 2006 19:35:01
Message: <MPG.1f1358aec442c7ff989f34@news.povray.org>
In article <44a85af5$1@news.povray.org>, zeg### [at] povplacecom
says...
9cfad9989f32@news.povray.org...
> > Yeah, I know you can use Radiosity. I was thinking in terms of what
> > might work "without" that.
>
> how would you do what you describe without using a very similar technique
 POV-Ray's radiosity uses?

No idea. Its not like I can code the idea. lol

Frankly, I kind of wanted either a) that won't work at all, or b) it is
an interesting idea. A long laundry list about why I could solve the
same problems with a mess of other features was "not" what I was after.
As I said, I rethought it several times. Its possible that it isn't
possible and a totally pointless idea, if I knew enough to realize it.
Telling me I can "sort of" get the same result I envisioned with other
stuff or a bit like saying, "You can sort of make a flying car of you
strap wings and a jet engine on a VW Bug.", without bothering to say why
using a VW Bug is a better alternative that just building a flying car.
One good reason might be, "It won't work anyway.", but that's not what I
ended up with. ;)

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()