POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Linux gamma driving me nuts : Re: Linux gamma driving me nuts Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux gamma driving me nuts
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 11 Nov 2005 18:28:41
Message: <MPG.1dded6ef96551c64989e4e@news.povray.org>
In article <43744f7e@news.povray.org>, war### [at] tagpovrayorg says...
> Ard <ard### [at] waikatoacnz> wrote:
> > I'm clearly doing something wrong.  The gamma in output PNGs should change
> > with assumed_gamma, no?  Someone please slap me, because if this carries on
> > I shall have to switch to JPEG.
>
>   I don't know about the problem per se, but you can use eg. the Gimp to
> remove the gamma value from a PNG file.

My bet, he has it set to 2.2, because that is what he is assuming his
display is, but the programs he is viewing it in 'think' his display is
1.0, so they are 'correctly' adjusting the image to match what they
believe won't be displayed correctly on they hardware they are running on
(which they assume is a gamma of 1.0).

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()