POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dumb newbie questions : Re: Dumb newbie questions Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:31:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb newbie questions
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Sep 2005 03:55:28
Message: <MPG.1d8aecdf8fab2f1e989dda@news.povray.org>
In article <web.431f77feedc845503e86b3340@news.povray.org>,
pov### [at] nicholsoncomputerconsultingcom says...
> Forgive my ignorance...
>
> POV-Ray is very cool but is that what the gurus use to create their
> masterpieces? Are there other design/development tools that I should know
> about that dovetail with POV-Ray?

At least one (and literally the best of everyone I have seen here) claims
to do everything entirely by hand, without the use of anything but the
text files and some editors that handle them, like the built in one for
Windows. But yes, any development tool that exports to a form that their
is a converter for may be used by someone here, and many export POV-Ray
code directly (though usually not 'quite' up to date with the latest
version).

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()