POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OpenGL porting or support? : Re: OpenGL porting or support? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 16:46:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL porting or support?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 30 Jun 2005 22:26:01
Message: <MPG.1d2e579ffdae2f70989d9f@news.povray.org>
In article <42c40043$1@news.povray.org>, sau### [at] netscapenet says...
> Warp wrote:
>
> > Saul F. Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> >
> >>Warp and what about DirectX?
> >

> >   Why would it be any easier to convert a pov scene to DirectX than it is
> > to OpenGL?
> >

> I don't know too much about programming Warp, that's why I ask you,
> since you're an exoert C/C++ programmer I think you should know. So
> isn't a esay task hah... but it will be a useful feature don't you
> think, as a preview one I mean.

DirectX is just a different 'shell' or front end over the same triangle
mesh technology. Its like asking someone if it would be easier to convert
their toothbrush into a straight razor or a knife. Odds are pretty god,
given the basic nature of both, that neither will be acceptable.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else