POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Editor behavior Win 3.6.1 : Re: Editor behavior Win 3.6.1 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor behavior Win 3.6.1
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Oct 2004 14:25:41
Message: <MPG.1bdb15525befc872989bee@news.povray.org>
In article <200### [at] dh286pemcamacuk>,
pho### [at] isticorg says...
> > now change a character: the letter 'd' by moving the caret in front of
> > the letter 'd' then press the delete key then press the letter 'g'
> > Now delete the 'd' again then press the letter 'q' and now the "Save"
> > button is inactive, but it should be active.
> Obviously this problem is because the letter q looks quite like a g, so
> when the editor quickly scans the text to see if it has changed, it
> doesn't notice that there is a q there instead of a g. Changing it to a
> x or something as distinctive should work.

Gee.. That is amazing, I didn't know the editor for POVRay had a OCR
system built in... This is pure nonsense. The two make 'look' the same
visibly, but computer programs don't get by what something 'looks like',
they deal with numbers. Not sure what is going on here, but it definitely
isn't a result of two letters looking the same visually.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else