POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : An error message : Re: An error message Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An error message
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 12 Oct 2004 13:47:14
Message: <MPG.1bd5c6464bd8beae989be5@news.povray.org>
In article <416af912@news.povray.org>, tho### [at] trfde says...
> In article <416af462@news.povray.org> , "Oleguer Vilella"
> <ole### [at] infonegociocom> wrote:
>
> > Ah, Ok, maybe with Linux I don't have this problem. Have you ever trayed
> > with Linux?
>
> It does not make sense to get a preview for a 6400*4800 render. All it will
> do is consume a real lot of memory and slow down rendering.
>
> As I already pointed out, there is no problem, it is simply a limitation of
> the *preview* window of the Windows version.  The preview does in absolutely
> no way affect the output of the image.  In order to view the output image,
> you can open it in just about any image viewing program.

Sounds like a "What are scroll bars?" problem. lol Seriously though, I
use the preview window to see what I am doing, so I don't have to load
the image into a separate program to check it, which takes even more
memory and wastes the time needed to load the image besides (which on
that big of a file..). Lets just say I would be glad I have a relatively
fast computer. lol Having it bomb on a big image would be very annoying.
Thankfully I have never generated one that big, but it is an annoying
limitation never the less.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()