POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rotating the camera : rotating the camera Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  rotating the camera
From: HermanS
Date: 29 Sep 2004 15:18:26
Message: <MPG.1bc528da403e5458989690@news.povray.org>
I want to illustrate some elements about perspective. So I made a model
of a room and also of a tower. I don't have any problems to reproduce
one point and two point perspective.
Now I want to illustrate three point perspective using the tower and
reproducing the effect of rotating a photographic camera slightly as to
get the image of the whole tower on the picture.
I found the possibility to rotate the camera (ex. around the X-axis),
but the result isn't what I think it should be. What about the
combination of rotating the camera and the "look_at" and "direction"
directives? Does it have any sense to rotate a camera and to maintain
this two elements?