POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to parse data only once in whole animation : Re: How to parse data only once in whole animation Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:08:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to parse data only once in whole animation
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Jun 2004 14:26:10
Message: <MPG.1b42279d86741a66989a8c@news.povray.org>
In article <web.40d83e39cb1a83faa14d5b880@news.povray.org>, nomail@nomail
says...
> "Gawel" <gaw### [at] SPAMIKgazetapl> wrote:
> > Hajo,
> > I have large *.inc file with definition of my objects.
> > Almost 90% time of rendering in every frame takes parsing of data.
> > However data does not change during rendering.
> > Is it possible to read data only once ?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Gawel
> > -------------------------------

> > Werner Heisenberg
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how you managed to Parse only once when rendering an
> animation.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Rewrite a version that is smart enough to do so? Though how practical it
would be.. Seriously though, there is no way to do this in the current
version. It needs to rebuild the location of every object in every frame,
including all the depth based trees and other things it needs to render
correctly. I suspect, though have no real clue, that redesigning it to
render once and run may be non-trivial.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()