POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fonts : Re: Fonts Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fonts
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 13 Jun 2004 18:27:07
Message: <MPG.1b36829cf642bd98989a80@news.povray.org>
In article <40cc3bb7$1@news.povray.org>, zes### [at] wanadoofr says...
> You can place all caracters of your text along a spline with the
> Spline_Trans macro available in transforms.inc

What part of "this doesn't quite do what I am suggesting" did you miss?
Yes, you can use that to 'position' them, but it cannot and will not bend
the individual letters to conform to a shape. That is what I suggested
would be more interesting to do. Actually distorting the text to follow
the contours of a shape.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()