POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fonts : Fonts Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Fonts
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 11 Jun 2004 16:03:12
Message: <MPG.1b33bddbf4d1f98989a7b@news.povray.org>
Has anyone considered designing a special font function that could
extract the vector information from TTF type fonts, then employ splines
to either warp them along a path or even wrap them around objects? Seems
a waste to me to have a perfectly good vector based graphic, but no way
to bend it to fit objects. Existing methods are limited and imperfect
imho.

Anyway, I certainly hope someone might a) find the idea interesting and
b) have a clue how to do it. Wish I did...

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else