POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools : Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Jun 2004 23:23:26
Message: <MPG.1b28474cdf9909d7989a66@news.povray.org>
In article <web.40be23b727c58a6a713c63820@news.povray.org>, nomail@nomail
says...
> Eureka! I got it! The foreground window was a distraction. I closed that and
> went to the background window, where there's another "video source" box
> with a "browse" button next to it. I clicked that and rerouted the source
> to POVimages. TMPGEnc compressed it and output the video into LAB2.POV
> folder. I used Quicktime to play it back. Unfortunately, it plays back too
> fast. Any ideas about modifying the speed?

As a general rule each image is a 'frame' and video is roughly 24-30
frames per second. This means that your clockdemo will only run just
under 1 second with 20 frames. You can adjust this 'slightly' in the
settings other mentioned, but usually the solution is to make the number
of images POV-Ray produces a lot bigger. For instance, 200 images will
produce about 9-10 seconds. You can as other have said, adjust the rate
they play back at, but it is limited and making more frames is usually a
better solution.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()